Validation of Prior Learning is the process of identifying, documenting, assessing and certifying the learning outcomes of individuals acquired within and outside formal education and training. It gives visibility and value to all forms of learning and seeks to uncover and unlock latent talent in the workforce and in society. Globalization, digitalization and migration are changing the way we work and learn. Where it is already established, we can see that VPL performs an invaluable bridging function between the individual and society, between learning and working. To empower VPL further, the VPL community, set out the a set of overarching principles for achieving a robust and effective VPL-system. These principles are listed in the Berlin Declaration 2019 on VPL.
Participants in the 3rd VPL Biennale
Biennale committee 2019
The Biennale Committee 2019:
- Heidi Bolton, SAQA, South Africa.
- Antra Carlsen, NVL, Nordic Network for Adult Learning, Denmark.
- Ruud Duvekot, Foundation EC-VPL, the Netherlands.
- Bodil Husted, NVR, VIA University College, Denmark.
- Anni Karttunen, Globedu, Finland.
- Martin Noack, Bertelsmann Stiftung, Germany.
- Raúl Valdes Cotera, UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning, Germany.
- Lieve Van den Brande, European Commission, DG Employment, Social affairs and Inclusion, Belgium.
- Ernesto Villalba-Garcia, CEDEFOP, Greece.